- Canberra, ACT
Kelly-ann is Head Coach of UP Coaching Canberra, coaching weekly sessions for adults and children alike. She also coaches ACT based athletes online.
Road running 5k to 50k.
Kelly is a mum of two and has been running since 2012 and in such a short time she has had some amazing results. Kelly has shown that through hard work and training you can achieve your goals. In 2014 Kelly ran her first Marathon and it was at that point in her running career she felt she needed a coach. In 2015 Kelly joined UP Coaching and from there her passion for running grew. In 2015 Kelly took out both Australian 50km and Marathon Championships and she also got to run for Australia in the 50km World Championships where she placed 14th.
“I got into running for fitness and found that the more I ran the more I loved it. Running has and always will hold a special place in my heart; running is such a fantastic way to challenge yourself. Just in the last year I’ve found a passion in helping others achieve their running goals and dreams. I get so much enjoyment out of watching races and seeing others smile as they cross the finish line.”
Road Running PBs
- 5km – 17:41, Gungahlin parkrun, 24/10/15
- 10km – 38:17, Sydney Harbour 10k, 13/07/14
- Half – 1:20:56, YMCA of Canberra Half Marathon, 24/05/15
- Marathon – 2:48:02, Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, 20/09/16
- 50km – 3:31:35, Australian Running Festival 50k, 11/04/15
Road Running Career Highlights
- 2015 – Represented Australia in 50km World Championship, 15th, 3:50 and Team Bronze Medal
- 2015 – 4th (1st Australian), Blackmores Marathon, 1st Australian Marathon Championship, 1st ACT Marathon Championship.
- 2015 – 1st, Canberra Time Fun Run
- 2015 – 1st Outright and Mixed Team 50km Paired Relay with Coach Graham Hand, Centennial Park Ultra
- 2015 – 2nd, M7 Marathon
- 2015 – 1st, YMCA of Canberra Half Marathon
- 2015 – 1st, Wings For Life World Run, Melbourne
- 2015 – 1st, Australian Running Festival 50k
- 2015 – 1st, Wangaratta Marathon
- 2014 – 2nd, Canberra Time Fun Run
Trail Running Race Highlights
- 2016 – Six Foot Track, 4:59:03, 1st Womens Team with Coach Jodie Oborne, Caroline Bertrand and Lou Clifton
Other Career Highlights
- 2015-16 – ACT Athletics Female Winter Athlete of the Season
- 2015 – Australian Marathon and 50km Champion. Only woman to hold both titles in same year.
- Athletics Australia Accredited Level 1 Community Coach
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Working With Children Check Approval
"I wanted to give you some feedback on David.
He is a magician! I entered the half as a last minute thing to kill time so I could watch Bec. David had me down to do 18k and 2 hours so thought it would be good timing.
I wanted to run to feel, not push hard after a big lead up and a big fall last week.
David also has been managing me through a runners knee.. so I ran without pressure and no looking at times, my expectation was circa 2:20 to do comfortably.
Today I crossed in 1:59 and had no idea I had even broken 2hrs. I had plenty left in the tank and no pain at all.
I was so excited and emotional I contacted him straight away and as is the humble nature of the man he took no credit.
Brendan, I could not be happier or healthier. Whilst, not an elite athlete, David treats me like a human and an athlete. He is a gentleman and he takes the time to understand you and what you are trying to achieve.
I am currently working close to 90 hours a week and yet he still has me wanting to crank out the kms. I feel lucky to have his advise and coaching. It is a privilege most on life are not afforded.
Thanks to both of you."
Brilliant, superb, awesome, that about sums up this trip. If you are up for an adventure and don't want the hassle of finding accommodation or great food, and of course superb trails, then this is the trip for you. Brendan and his awesome team will take care of all this for you. I was blown away by the scenery of Chamonix and more importantly, went to places that I would not have had the confidence to go to by myself without the Up\P Coaching team preparing all this for me. Superb trip, highly recommends it.
This tour was extremely well planned and managed by all. Once there everything was taken care of for us and the accommodation was stunning, conveniently located and very comfortable. Food catered for everyone’s dietary needs and was really tasty, plus there was never a shortage for breakfast, lunch & dinner on hungry runners tummy’s.
The running itself was truely such an exceptional experience. Being able to run in these stunning locations, with coaches of such a high caliber is a experience very few get to enjoy. All runner abilities where catered for, so no one was left behind. I would 100% encourage others to take part in this experience, as I certainly hope to again.