- Canberra, ACT
Kelly-ann is Head Coach of UP Coaching Canberra, coaching weekly sessions for adults and children alike. She also coaches ACT based athletes online.
Road running 5k to 50k.
Kelly is a mum of two and has been running since 2012 and in such a short time she has had some amazing results. Kelly has shown that through hard work and training you can achieve your goals. In 2014 Kelly ran her first Marathon and it was at that point in her running career she felt she needed a coach. In 2015 Kelly joined UP Coaching and from there her passion for running grew. In 2015 Kelly took out both Australian 50km and Marathon Championships and she also got to run for Australia in the 50km World Championships where she placed 14th.
“I got into running for fitness and found that the more I ran the more I loved it. Running has and always will hold a special place in my heart; running is such a fantastic way to challenge yourself. Just in the last year I’ve found a passion in helping others achieve their running goals and dreams. I get so much enjoyment out of watching races and seeing others smile as they cross the finish line.”
Road Running PBs
- 5km – 17:41, Gungahlin parkrun, 24/10/15
- 10km – 38:17, Sydney Harbour 10k, 13/07/14
- Half – 1:20:56, YMCA of Canberra Half Marathon, 24/05/15
- Marathon – 2:48:02, Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, 20/09/16
- 50km – 3:31:35, Australian Running Festival 50k, 11/04/15
Road Running Career Highlights
- 2015 – Represented Australia in 50km World Championship, 15th, 3:50 and Team Bronze Medal
- 2015 – 4th (1st Australian), Blackmores Marathon, 1st Australian Marathon Championship, 1st ACT Marathon Championship.
- 2015 – 1st, Canberra Time Fun Run
- 2015 – 1st Outright and Mixed Team 50km Paired Relay with Coach Graham Hand, Centennial Park Ultra
- 2015 – 2nd, M7 Marathon
- 2015 – 1st, YMCA of Canberra Half Marathon
- 2015 – 1st, Wings For Life World Run, Melbourne
- 2015 – 1st, Australian Running Festival 50k
- 2015 – 1st, Wangaratta Marathon
- 2014 – 2nd, Canberra Time Fun Run
Trail Running Race Highlights
- 2016 – Six Foot Track, 4:59:03, 1st Womens Team with Coach Jodie Oborne, Caroline Bertrand and Lou Clifton
Other Career Highlights
- 2015-16 – ACT Athletics Female Winter Athlete of the Season
- 2015 – Australian Marathon and 50km Champion. Only woman to hold both titles in same year.
- Athletics Australia Accredited Level 1 Community Coach
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Working With Children Check Approval
I backed my training and all the wonderful guidance I had from the truly awsome Kelly-ann Varey and worked my butt off the get it done.
Lake Crackenback was a truly memorable experience. The Running, YOGA, Accommodation and food was perfectly catered for.
Can not wait to go back. Thanks, UP Coaching for organising an awesome getaway.
Run with Confidence has helped my running and race preparation for Western Sydney Half marathon.
The Skills I learnt over the course helps my form and has improved my running immensely. Thanks, UP Coaching.