- Brisbane, QLD
Jodie coaches Distant Athletes online
Trail Running all distances; Road running all distances; Ultra running including 24 hours and longer.
Jodie has achieved success trail running, on the road and at ultra track events. Originally from Western Australia and now residing in Queensland she has represented Queensland at the National Half Marathon, Marathon and Mountain Running Championships and Australia in the 100km and 24 hours World Championships. She has experienced many of Australia’s iconic ultra events, has completed the Comrades Marathon, Up and Down achieving the coveted Bill Rowan Medal on both occasions and believes this is an event every ultra runner should experience at least once.
Jodie has been running for over a decade, and is passionate about getting more women to experience trail and ultra running and caters for all abilities.
“Sometimes it just takes one person believing in another and I gain a lot of satisfaction helping others achieve their goals whatever they may be. I strongly believe we can achieve freedom through a love of movement, and a life long love of running”.
Read more about Jodie here at her blog!
Peita Coote – 47th 15:21:07 Ultra Trail Australia. Went from running 4:49:10 at the Canberra 50km to just over one year later finishing UTA 47th from 218 finishers. Bathurst Half Marathon 9th 1:44:16
Sarah Murphy – 42nd Ultra Trail Australia 15:03:35;
– 1st Hubert 100 40km, 1st May 2016
Tia Jones – 67th female and 2nd in Age Category W50 Comrades Marathon, South Africa. 8:11:01
Australian Representative, 2016 100km World Championships, Los Alcazares, Spain. Australian Age Records W50-54 50 miles 6:49:44 and 100km 8:33:19.
Jimmy Morrison – 42nd 12:03:53 Ultra Trail Australia a 4 hours 30 minutes PB
1st in Round 1 & 2 Ipswich Trail Series 2016.
Douglas Wilson – 55th Ultra Trail Australia 12:38:56
– 1st Maroondah dam 50km
– 4th Mt Macedon 50km
– 2nd You Yangs 50km
– 1st Trails Plus Mountain Running Series (50km)
Arthur Sargeant – 3rd Sri Chinmoy 12 hour , 96.743km Arthur had never run for longer that 6 hours or on a tartan track prior to this event.
Road and Track Running PBs
- 5km – 19:55, Main Beach parkrun, 15/06/13
- 10km – 41:04, Bridge 2 Brisbane, 01/09/13
- Half – 1:29:07, Sunshine Coast Run Festival, 30/08/15
- Marathon – 3:12:37, Gold Coast Airport Marathon, 07/07/13
- 50km – 3:56:53, River Run (Brisbane), 16/08/15
- 100km – 8:34:45, IAU 100km World Championships, 12/09/15
- 12 hours – 128.286km, Soochow International 24 Hr, 21/11/15
- 100 miles – Soochow International 24 Hour, 221/11/15
- 24 hours – 230.244km, IAU 24h World Championships, 12/04/15
Road and Track Running Career Highlights
- 3rd Mount Xiqiao International 24 Hour Ultramarathon 176.240km, 2016
- 1st Soochow International Ultramarathon (Taipei, Taiwan) 227.429km
- 1st River Run 50km 3:56:53 (Course Record)
- 21st Comrades Marathon (Up Run), South Africa 8:01:01
- 1st Overall Caboolture Historical Village 12 hour 123.188km
- 3rd Centennial Park 50km & National 50km Championships 3:58:28
Trail Running Race Highlights
- 1st & 3rd overall Aus’Trail’ia Day Trail Marathon
- 2nd Wild Horse Criterium 55km 5:29:31
- 1st Female Team, Oxfam Trailwalker Melbourne
- Six Foot Track, 4:59:03, 1st Womens Team with Coach Kelly-ann Varey, Caroline Bertrand and Lou Clifton
- 4th Gobi 50km Ultramarathon Jiuquan (China)
- 1st Le Trail Des Cagous 80km (New Caledonia)
- 2nd Convicts & Wenches 50km (Tasmania)
- 12th Tarawera 100km Ultramarathon 11:10:33
- 1st Washpool World Heritage Trails 50km 5:07:00 (course record)
- 3rd Surf Coast Century (100km) 10:20:59
- Oxfam Trailwalker Sydney – 1st Female Team
- Oxfam Trailwalker Brisbane – 1st Team and female course record holder
- 10th The North Face 100km 12:49:41
- 1st Beerwah@Night 50km Trail 5:31:59 (course record)
- Outright Winner – Lamington Eco Challenge 2 Marathons in 2 Days
- 1st Lamington National Park Trail Marathon
Other Career Highlights
- 2015 Australian Mountain Running Championships – Team Gold (Queensland)
- 2014 Australian Marathon Championships – Team Silver (Queensland), Gold Coast Airport Marathon
- 2014 Australian Half-Marathon Championships – Team Gold (Queensland), Blackmore’s Sydney Running Festival
- 2nd, 2014 National 24 Hour Championships,
Coburg 24 Hour, 212.432km
- 2nd 2013 National 100km Championships,
Stromlo Running Festival, Canberra, 9:31:18
- Australian Representative 100km World Championships; 2014 & 2015
- Australian Representative 24 hour World Championships, 2015
- Australian Records:
– Women 100 miles: 15:33:56
– Women 12 hours road: 123.188km
- World Age Best Performance W40 100 miles Track: 15:52:35
Australian Age Group Records
- Women’s 40-44, 24 Hours: 230.244km
- Women’s 40-44, 200km: 20:25:09
- Women’s 40-44, 100 miles: 15:33:56
- Women’s 40-44, 12 hours: 128.286km
- Women’s 40-44, 50 miles road: 7:09:22
Associations and Affiliations
- Brisbane Trail Runners – 2014 Female Runner of the Year
- Ambassador – Running Mums Australia
- Ambassador – 261 Fearless
- Event Ambassador – 2015 Airlie Beach Running Festival
- Member – Australian Ultra Runners Association
- Member – Brisbane Trail Runners
- Member – Trail Running Association Queensland
- Member – Masters Athletics Queensland
- Member – Queensland Athletics
- Member – River City Runners
- 5km –
- 10km –
- Half Marathon –
- Marathon –
- Athletics Australia Accredited Level 2 Intermediate Club Coach
- Athletics Australia Level 2 Recreational Running Coach
Are you able to pop this on the web somewhere?
"I wanted to give you some feedback on David.
He is a magician! I entered the half as a last minute thing to kill time so I could watch Bec. David had me down to do 18k and 2 hours so thought it would be good timing.
I wanted to run to feel, not push hard after a big lead up and a big fall last week.
David also has been managing me through a runners knee.. so I ran without pressure and no looking at times, my expectation was circa 2:20 to do comfortably.
Today I crossed in 1:59 and had no idea I had even broken 2hrs. I had plenty left in the tank and no pain at all.
I was so excited and emotional I contacted him straight away and as is the humble nature of the man he took no credit.
Brendan, I could not be happier or healthier. Whilst, not an elite athlete, David treats me like a human and an athlete. He is a gentleman and he takes the time to understand you and what you are trying to achieve.
I am currently working close to 90 hours a week and yet he still has me wanting to crank out the kms. I feel lucky to have his advise and coaching. It is a privilege most on life are not afforded.
Thanks to both of you."
Brilliant, superb, awesome, that about sums up this trip. If you are up for an adventure and don't want the hassle of finding accommodation or great food, and of course superb trails, then this is the trip for you. Brendan and his awesome team will take care of all this for you. I was blown away by the scenery of Chamonix and more importantly, went to places that I would not have had the confidence to go to by myself without the Up\P Coaching team preparing all this for me. Superb trip, highly recommends it.
This tour was extremely well planned and managed by all. Once there everything was taken care of for us and the accommodation was stunning, conveniently located and very comfortable. Food catered for everyone’s dietary needs and was really tasty, plus there was never a shortage for breakfast, lunch & dinner on hungry runners tummy’s.
The running itself was truely such an exceptional experience. Being able to run in these stunning locations, with coaches of such a high caliber is a experience very few get to enjoy. All runner abilities where catered for, so no one was left behind. I would 100% encourage others to take part in this experience, as I certainly hope to again.