- Penrith, NSW
- Coaches locally based and online athletes
- Assists Brendan at weekly training sessions, weekend clinics and overnight camps
- Individually coaches at the Thursday at Paker St Oval
- 1:1 consulting and training, particularly in the field of running technique.
- Beginner to Intermediate Runners
- Road Running 5km to Marathon
- Strength and Conditioning
- Running Technique
- Cross Training for Runners
- Technology Utilisation
Graham came to being a runner through his local parkrun event after a long career in semi-professional soccer and mountain biking.
Since coming to Brendan, he has worked his way up from being a coached athlete to now having his Level 2 Coaching Certificate.
Graham runs UP Coaching Penrith out of Parker St Oval on Thursday afternoons.
Graham is Run Director at Nepean River and Penrith Lakes parkrun.
“I got into coaching as I really enjoy seeing someone reach a goal. For me I was able to help at least 5 people at parkrun hit PB’s and have helped other UP Coaching athletes develop their fitness and grow as athletes. I expect that my athletes do the training I set out but at the same time I am open to getting regular input from my athletes as coaching should be an adaptable process.”
As a coach, I want to develop my athletes and see them reach their potential and I will study and grow myself as a Coach daily through experience and education. I have graduated through the training peaks University and have completed Level 2 Certification.
Graham also contributes to the development of athletes Australia wide by sharing his Training Plans online via training peaks which are from beginners to advanced.
- UTA 50 – 2015 10:31:21
- UTA 50 – 2016 9:30:25
- Parkrun PB 20:05 down from 32:45 Mins in 2015
- Marathon Time 2015 5:20:45 Gold Coast Marathon 2015
- Marathon Time 2016 3:54:05 Western Sydney 2016
Terie Jane Thompson
- Half Marathon Time 2015 5:20:45 Gold Coast Marathon 2015
- Half Marathon Time 2016 3:54:05 Western Sydney 2016
- Kedumbla Half 2015 – 03:15:36
- Kedumbla Half 2016 – 02:43:26
Road Running PBs
- 5km – 17:31, Penrith Lakes parkrun, 16/01/16
- 10km – 36:56, Striders 10k Homebush, 02/07/16
- Half – 1:19:53, Blacktown Running Festival, 31/07/16
- Marathon – 2:54:57, Melbourne Marathon, 16/10/16
Road Running Career Highlights
- 2016 – 5th, Blacktown Running Festival Half Marathon
- 2016 – 1st Outright, 12h Team Ultra with Coach Stephane Moulin, Narrabeen All Nighter
- 2015 – 1st Outright and 1st Mixed Team, 50km Paired Relay with Coach Kelly-ann Varey, Centennial Park Ultra
Trail Running Race Highlights
- 2019 – 2nd Place Knapsack Lap race mixed pairs 6 Hour with Gemma Holly
- 2018 – Winner Narrabeen Allighter
- 2018 – Knapsack Lap Race, 2nd Place Male Pair with Coach Brendan Davies
- 2018 – Six Foot Track 4:45:54
- 2017 – UTA100 –
- 2017 – GOW 2nd Mail pair in 100km Relay with Rocket Rod
- 2016 – UTA50, 6:26:14
- 2016 – Knapsack Lap Race, 1st Place Male Pair with Coach Brendan Davies
- 2015 – Knapsack Lap Race, 1st Place Male Pair with Grant McFadden
- Athletics Australia Accredited Level 2 Recreational Running
- Athletics Australia Accredited Level 2 Community Coach
- Level 2 Training Peaks Coach
- Working with Children Check WWC1248992E
- ASADA Level 1 and Level 2 Anti-Doping qualification
- Level 1 Football Coach
- Senior First Aid with CPR
Hi Brendan. It’s been 12 months today since I was first welcomed into to Upcoaching community. It was a Tuesday session on the stairs and trails at Knapsack. Thank you.
Many new friends. Encouragement. Support. Laughter and most importantly a great deal of fun whilst learning a new trade. I’ve had good days. I’ve had not so good days. Tired body. Sore body. Ongoing injuries. I’m certainly not the fastest but I still managed to complete my first ever trail runs, AAA25 and UTA50, I also managed to complete my first ever C2S and Blackmores 10km. I’m on my way to being a regular Parkrun participant where ever I may be on a Saturday morning.
If I can start this running journey then anyone can. All I say to people is it’s never too late and you are never too old to take up running.
As I move into year two I look forward to running smarter, faster, stronger and longer.......and of course enjoy and embracing what the Upcoaching Community is all about. Thank you and everyone at Upcoaching 😊
"I wanted to give you some feedback on David.
He is a magician! I entered the half as a last minute thing to kill time so I could watch Bec. David had me down to do 18k and 2 hours so thought it would be good timing.
I wanted to run to feel, not push hard after a big lead up and a big fall last week.
David also has been managing me through a runners knee.. so I ran without pressure and no looking at times, my expectation was circa 2:20 to do comfortably.
Today I crossed in 1:59 and had no idea I had even broken 2hrs. I had plenty left in the tank and no pain at all.
I was so excited and emotional I contacted him straight away and as is the humble nature of the man he took no credit.
Brendan, I could not be happier or healthier. Whilst, not an elite athlete, David treats me like a human and an athlete. He is a gentleman and he takes the time to understand you and what you are trying to achieve.
I am currently working close to 90 hours a week and yet he still has me wanting to crank out the kms. I feel lucky to have his advise and coaching. It is a privilege most on life are not afforded.
Thanks to both of you."
Brilliant, superb, awesome, that about sums up this trip. If you are up for an adventure and don't want the hassle of finding accommodation or great food, and of course superb trails, then this is the trip for you. Brendan and his awesome team will take care of all this for you. I was blown away by the scenery of Chamonix and more importantly, went to places that I would not have had the confidence to go to by myself without the Up\P Coaching team preparing all this for me. Superb trip, highly recommends it.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.